Today was not a great day, physically, so instead of running outside as the little ones took their afternoon nap (for once!), I sat myself down to conserve energy for the evening and to consider what Mr. E and I need to do next out on the back .14-ish. In no particular order, at all.
- Finish wrapping hardware mesh around the top half of the chicken coop
- Prune and train Honeycrisp and Fameuse apples
- Plant the Debutante camellia in our (now) side yard (We’re changing the entrance to the front door from a straight shot from the sidewalk to the side of our porch to a walk up the gravel path from the sidewalk over a portion of the patio and curving up a few stairs onto the porch facing the front door. In time.)
- Transfer one of the young Fire Light hydrangea paniculatas
- Install edging around the just-finished patio
- Seed the front yard with PNW sun ‘n’ shade mix
- Build 2 4×8 raised beds
- Dig out and install a 5/8″ gravel path from the sidewalk to the patio
- Move the rose-bush out of the pathway of the new gate in the fence (but to where?)
- Mulch under the raspberry trellis between the driveway and the house
Naturally, there’s a lot more to do but one must stop somewhere and then get to work as soon as possible. Rather, I must stop and hit publish because I keep wrapping up this post, then going back to add just one more thing…
p.s. Take a look at what else is going on in the world of The Madcap Gardener over here.
Photo Credit: Death To The Stock Photo